Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient of Grants Pass Clinic, you have the RIGHT to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect.
- Receive fair treatment, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religious belief, national origin, sexual preference or orientation, disability, or age.
- Have your treatment and other patient information kept private.
- Access care easily and in a timely fashion.
- Share in developing your plan of care.
- Be given complete and current information concerning your treatment.
- Have risks, alternatives, and procedures of treatment explained in terms you can understand.
- Refuse treatment and get information regarding the consequences of refusing treatment.
- Have an interpreter, if necessary, during your appointments.
- Make a complaint without discrimination and have it addressed.
As a patient of Grants Pass Clinic, you have the RESPONSIBILITY to:
- Treat your health care provider and staff with courtesy and respect.
- Keep your appointments or cancel 24 hours in advance, if necessary.
- Give providers accurate and complete information about your health in order to receive the best possible care.
- Inform your Clinic provider of outside health care providers you are seeing.
- Tell your provider about medication changes, including medications given to you by others.
- Let your provider’s office staff know about any changes to your insurance coverage.
- Inform the Clinic if you change your address or phone number.
As a Grants Pass Clinic patient, you have the RIGHT and RESPONSIBILITY to understand and help develop plans and goals to improve your health.
The Clinic’s Patient Services Supervisor or Risk Manager will assist patients who have concerns that cannot be resolved through established processes. These concerns can be addressed by calling 541-472-5515.